Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Heroine's Journey


I'm reading "The Heroine's Journey" by Maureen Murdock and I just finished reading "Goddesses in Older Women" by Jean Shinoda Bolen M.D.

It's interesting how woman are sometimes made to believe and think in the male way. Homeschooling for me is the feminine way. I'm following my feminine self, my intuitive heart, and my soul along my path. Not a path someone else has constructed based on "the male way" of competitiveness, ego, etc...

I love men, don't take this the wrong way. I'm just amazed at how much the feminine is oppressed in our culture and these books confirm and validate this for me.

I'm trying to learn to walk a feminine path balanced with the masculine. I'm new at this so stay tuned. I also want to raise my children in a way that honors and respects the feminine and the masculine in them in a balanced, loving, and affirming way.

This is the journey of my soul today.

The Lady of Guadalupe (shown above), who is the mother of Jesus, epitomizes the feminine balanced with the masculine for me. Although, I'm not Catholic I can borrow her image and reflect on what it means to be feminine balanced with the masculine.

1 comment:

Michelle Kindig said...

"homeschooling for me is the feminine way" Profound! I totally relate. This is a beautiful post.